One thing every entrepreneur must deal with when starting a business is to take care of the legal issues. Things like agreements between partners or deciding on stocks can be crucial to the company's future. In this introductory workshop, you'll learn the essential legal aspects of starting a company and how to avoid common mistakes.
This workshop will cover:
- Concept of a company: Limited liability concept, tax benefits, and structure;
- Capital structure: Shares vs. Percentages, price per share, dividends, secondary sale, M&A, IPO, options;
- Organs of the company: Shareholders, board, management;
- Relationship between founders: Ownership, titles, assignment of IP, reverse vesting, disputes;
- Investment: Issuance of shares vs. sale of shares, pre-money / post-money valuation, liquidation preference, investor and veto rights
This workshop is perfect for entrepreneurs that want to start a business without falling into legal traps.
Questions this talk answers:
What are the building blocks of a company's legal structure?
How do you come up with agreements that prevent issues between founders?
What legal aspects should you take care of before meeting investors?
Get a learning MembershipSee the full programme